Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Johannesburg)
Must have experience within the water sector
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all activities related to the effective & professional compilation of proposals/tenders as well cost-effective, compliant, fit-for-purpose, safe engineering, design, construction support & commissioning assistance during the execution of projects. This shall be rendered in the Mining/Minerals and Water market segments.
• B.Sc./B.Eng. or B Tech Mechanical Engineering.
• Professional Engineer Certification (ECSA)
• Proven record of 6 years relevant mechanical engineering experience in related work within the Mining/Minerals/Water projects
• Experience with a wide range of mechanical equipment .
• Experience in feasibility studies & project execution is required while site-based experience during construction & commissioning is highly recommended.
The key performance indicators include:
• Deliver engineered packages to comply to the overall project budget, schedule & quality.
• Engineering & design in all required industry segments.
• Manage hours, budgets & change/variations in a manner that enhances gross profits on projects.
• Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with the relevant policies, procedures, & frameworks.
• Construction, installation, & commissioning project support.
• Generate & develop equipment cost estimates, man-hour estimates & corresponding proposal documentation.
• Assist with the pricing of Tenders & Bids as required for each applicable market sector.
• Liaise with prospective & future Clients in terms of assessing their need, site visits, proposing solutions, costs-estimates & follow-up.
• Generate scope of work specifications that define the work included, work excluded & battery limits along with technical requirements for each equipment package.
• Compile technical enquiry packages, do technical tender evaluations, & compile technical "Approved for Purchase" packages.
• Manage & interface with Vendors/Suppliers and Contractors to meet the project objectives.
• Manage and execute progress inspections, FAT’s, & final releases for Vendor/Supplier equipment.
• Review Vendor/Supplier documentation for compliance with technical requirements.
• Maintain effective inter-discipline integration with other disciplines .
• Provide detailed input to plant reviews in terms of layout, equipment placing, maintainability, operability & all such related factors.
• Provide input into the development & optimization of mechanical drawings & drive development of these drawings through the design and drawing office.
• Provide input during project meetings, HAZOPS’s, client meetings, etc.
• Maintain & update the mechanical equipment list & other related registers & schedules.
• Execute all work in compliance with all relevant legislation, codes, standards, company policies & procedures.
To apply, please submit your CV, as well as your latest payslip, to firstname.lastname@example.org