Company Secretary & Compliance Manager (Construction)
Company Secretary & Compliance Manager
Our client in the Construction Industry is looking to hire a Company Secretary & Compliance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide the executives of the company collectively and individually with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities, and authority.
· Ensure the implementation of and monitoring the effectiveness of whistle blowing procedures approved by the Social & Ethics Committee.
· Maintain the registers of the Directors Declarations of Compliance & Interest and Gifts Register, Directors Register, Shareholders register, etc.
· Ensure good information flows within the Board and its committees and between senior management, non-executive directors, and stakeholders.
· Establish and monitor procedures to ensure that the Company complies with the requirements of the national legislation under which it is established.
· Monitor and liaise with any service providers associated with membership data management, negotiating contract changes or renewals including leading tendering processes as appropriate.
· Report to the company’s board /management any failure on the part of the company or a director to comply with the Memorandum of Incorporation or rules of the company or the Act.
· Ensure that minutes of all shareholders' meetings, board meetings and the meetings of any committees of the directors, or of the company’s audit committee, are properly recorded in accordance with the Companies Act.
· Certify in the company’s annual financial statements whether the company has filed required returns and notice in terms of the Companies Act, and whether all such returns and notices appear to be true, correct and up to date.
· Ensuring that a copy of the company’s annual financial statements is sent, in accordance with the Act, to every person which is entitled to it.
· Ensure that the board and board committee charters and terms of reference are kept up to date.
· Drafting of Chairman’s script for Board meetings and all notices that need to be sent.
· Ensure the proper compilation and timely circulation of board papers and assist the chairman of the board and committees with drafting of yearly work plans.
· Ensure the safe keeping of all financial records for a number of years, the management of most financial affairs and the storage of all important statements, as required by Company Law and the Registrar of Companies.
· LLB degree
· Must be an admitted attorney in South Africa
· Membership of the Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa (CGISA) will be an advantage.
· A minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in a Company Secretarial role with emphasis on legal compliance.
Knowledge and Skills
· Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and concepts applicable to Company Secretaries and King IV Code and the Companies Act
· Extensive ability to interpret laws and regulations and to design and implement efficient systems to assure compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the construction industry both in South Africa and in Africa.
· Ability to draft and interpret contracts and to provide general legal advice.
· Ability to draft all resolutions required, prepare notices for Board Meetings, prepare Board packs and good minute taking skills.
· Knowledge of CIPC and attending to CIPC requirements for the company.
· Excellent negotiation, litigation, and dispute resolution skills.
· Good interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to provide advice (orally and in writing) and influence decision making.
· Excellent knowledge of risk management and related techniques.
· Good administration, planning and organising skills.
· Sound knowledge of South African legislation and other relevant jurisdictions.
Send your CV and latest pay slip to email@example.com
ATripleA Recruitment and Temps
#atriplea #recruitment #vacancy # Company# Secretary# & # Compliance# Manager